153 Years of Stewardship
It is a pivotal time in our nation.
We are comforted and uplifted by our BFS Community, living its mission and values everyday for 153 years and counting. We are a school where the full humanity of each colleague and student is recognized and valued, where we embrace differences and create a safe and loving environment.
Our fundraising priorities this year will focus on meeting the needs of our community and expanding on our existing strengths. This year, you will be able to designate your gift to Brooklyn Friends in any of the funding areas below.
Designated Funding Areas
- Professional Development: Our School’s Pillars (Quakerism/ Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion/Service Learning and Civic Engagement)
- Tuition Assistance & Financial Aid
- COVID-19 Related Expenses (Health and Safety, Technology and Innovation, Facilities)
- Where My Gift Is Needed Most
*If amount of designated funds exceeds need, gifts will be reallocated as needed.
Your Dollars at Work
In 2020, Brooklyn Friends School has continued to be a safe and engaging academic community for all. Gifts to Brooklyn Friends School in 2020 have already allowed us to make the following critical investments:
- COVID-19 related technology expenditures $450,000
- Including: $15,000 for MacBook Airs for 5th Grade, $15,000 for MacBook Airs for 9th Grade, and $84,000 for Owl Cameras (to allow for remote learning)
- COVID-19 related plant expenditures: $360,000
- Including: $113,000 for supplies for cleaning & disinfecting, and $45,000 for personal protective equipment
- COVID-19 related upgrades to the ventilation system: $1.6 million
Ways to Give
Gifts can be made in the form of cash, check (made payable to Brooklyn Friends School and sent to Brooklyn Friends School, 375 Pearl Street, Brooklyn, New York 11201), credit card (MasterCard, Visa, or American Express), or appreciated stock. To donate stock, please inform Director of Advancement Karen Edelman of your intentions and use the following information to transfer:
JP Morgan Clearing Corporation
DTC #: 0352
Account #: 733-52143
Brooklyn Friends School is a 501c3 organization and donations are fully tax-deductible. You will receive a receipt for tax purposes in the mail from the Advancement Office.