By September 1, 2024, applicants must meet the following age requirements for the 2024-2025 school year:
Preschool Twos: 2 years old
Preschool Threes: 3 years old
Preschool Fours: 4 years old
Kindergarten: 5 years old
Grade 1: 6 years old
Grade 2: 7 years old
Grade 3: 8 years old
Grade 4: 9 years old
We invite you to attend an Open House or school event. Prospective families can register for events through Ravenna after creating an account for their child. We encourage you to apply as early as possible.
- Preschool through Lower School: There is no admissions test.
- Middle School: No. We are test blind and will not utilize standardized test scores in our admissions process
- Upper School: Upper School: No. We are test blind and will not utilize standardized test scores in our admissions process
Visit our Legacy Status & Quaker Families page for information on priority admissions consideration.
Yes, for Preschool applicants with Legacy status. Legacy applicants have the option for Early Notification.
No. The BFS tuition is all-inclusive.
We do not offer merit-based scholarships to applicants.
Yes, we do once a student has been accepted.
Yes, but accessibility is limited.
Students come from all five boroughs of NYC and the greater metropolitan area.
We now provide bus service between our campus and the Williamsburg area, and will extend service to additional neighborhoods in and outside of the borough in the coming year.
- Preschool: Typically there are 14-15 students in a Threes class and 18 students in a Fours class with two teachers per class.
- Kindergarten to Grade 4: There are typically 15-20 students per class with two teachers.
- Grades 5 to 8: There are typically 15-20 students per class.
- Grades 9 to 12: There are typically 18 students per class.