Thank you for your interest in Brooklyn Friends School.
Brooklyn Friends School seeks candidates with a strong personal interest in and commitment to issues of diversity and social justice. People of color and members of other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. Teaching at Brooklyn Friends requires a BA or equivalent, and an MA is preferred.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Brooklyn Friends School is committed to maintaining an environment in which all people are respected and valued. To that end, discrimination in any form, such as that based on race, religion, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, or socio-economic status will not be tolerated. The school actively strives to recognize, respect and celebrate the differences and commonalities that shape the individual and collective identities of its members.
This section of the website is updated regularly. No mail or fax please. All applications should be directed to the email listed in the position description.
OPENINGS FOR 2018-19 SCHOOL YEAR
Equity and Inclusion Administrative Associate
Employment: Full time 10-month position
Start Date: Sept 2018
Reports to: All-School Equity and Inclusion Director
Send materials to: Orinthia Swindell email@example.com
The Office of Equity & Inclusion is looking for an Equity & Inclusion Administrative Associate to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. The Equity & Inclusion Administrative Associate will provide support to the Director of Equity & Inclusion assisting in daily office needs and managing of the office’s general administrative activities.
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Organize and schedule appointments
- Plan meetings and take detailed minutes
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Maintain the Office of Equity and Inclusion’s webpage to ensure clarity in communication and representation of the office’s programming
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures
- Maintain contact lists
- Book travel arrangements
- Submit expense reports
- Provide general support to visitors
- Other duties as needed to support the Director and the Office of Equity and Inclusion
Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, printers and fax machines
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Prior experience as an administrative assistant a plus
- Acquired skill set with group dialogue around diversity, equity and inclusion issues
- Opportunity to receive additional professional development in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion.