Important Facts for Our Community
Click on the sections below for more information.
As of April 30, 2021, following CDC recommendations and to ensure the optimal health and safety for our entire community, Brooklyn Friends mandated that ALL colleagues be vaccinated for COVID-19. It is also MANDATORY that ALL students ages 5+ be vaccinated for COVID-19. If you have not already done so, please be sure to upload your child’s proof of vaccination to your Magnus Health portal in the Immunization section (this area allows for multiple uploads so not to worry about replacing existing records). If your child is 5-11, they must have completed their second round of vaccinations by February 23, 2022. If your child is under 5 and not eligible to receive the vaccine, you may disregard any automated emails you receive about this. Students who turn 5 after February 23, must show proof of vaccination within 30 days of their 5th birthday.
Boosters: All eligible students and colleagues must have received their booster shot by February 7, 2022.
ALL visitors will need to show proof of vaccination before being allowed access to any of the Brooklyn Friends School buildings. There will be no exceptions.
There will be absolutely no exceptions to Brooklyn Friends School’s vaccination protocols.
During the school day, students and colleagues will be the primary users of the building. However, there are permissible allowances that will be subject to approval. The following members of the BFS Leadership Team have decision-making responsibility: Head of School, Assistant Head of School, CFOO.
Special note: Students in the Family Center and Preschool will be accompanied to class and picked up by one adult.
On Monday, March 28, 2022, masks became optional for vaccinated students and colleagues. Students and colleagues in our Family Center and Preschool will continue to be masked.
In our mask-friendly environment, Brooklyn Friends has re-evaluated our approach to exposure for our vaccinated community members.
- We will no longer require a rapid test for students or colleagues who are exposed to COVID-19.
- Our protocol for those who test positive has been updated and can be found in the next drop-down item.
- We will administer a rapid test to any BFS student or colleague who is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. We will also test students and colleagues in a specific classroom or advisory if there are multiple positive test results in that room. Please note:
- With the beginning of allergy season, we know possible COVID-19 symptoms will arise with greater frequency. We are prepared to provide a rapid test to any student or colleague who is experiencing symptoms during the school day that could be attributed to COVID-19.
- If your child is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 during the school day, they should see the nurse in their division for a rapid test. If you need a rapid test but do not have access to one, please contact the BFS Health Team.
Please note that our exposure protocols for unvaccinated students in Preschool and the Family Center (and those adults who work with them) have not changed. We will also continue to administer weekly PCR tests for students and colleagues in Preschool and Family Center.
Upcoming All-School COVID-19 Test Dates
During the three upcoming holiday weekends from school where travel and gatherings are anticipated in our community, we will be sending all students home with rapid tests to be taken the morning before returning to school. They are follows:
- BFS is closed on Friday, April 15, Monday, May 2, Monday, May 30.
- Tests will be distributed in advance of those weekends and should be administered before returning to school.
For Students & Colleagues Taking PCR Tests: Accessing Your Results
BFS will alert a family and/or colleague as soon as possible if there is a positive test result. To view test results, please use the following instructions:
- Go to https://www.accureference.
- Click on LOGIN on the lower left
- Select PATIENT PORTAL
- Scroll down and click on View My Results Now
- Use the authenticate box and answer questions (make sure you click Click here if you do not have an access code
- If you have any questions and/or are having trouble accessing results, please contact the lab’s customer service at 877-733-4522.
Our group remote learning protocols will be guided by our specific staffing capabilities. As you likely know, there is a national and statewide shortage of substitute teachers at this time. While we will always do our best to keep our classrooms open, there may be times when we will have to go remote due to staffing limitations.
All after school programs are subject to the same policies delineated above.
- They have a fever above 100°F.
- They are exhibiting respiratory symptoms (cough, difficulty breathing) not associated with a previously diagnosed condition (ie. allergies)
- They experience vomiting
- They have diarrhea
- They have a rash
- They have any contagious illness