The mission of the Pre and Lower School Library includes the mindful intent to provide “relevant resources, current technology and programming that integrates curriculum, research skills, and information literacy.” These centers act as another access point to meet this piece of the mission and for this learning opportunity to blossom. This month, the Pre and Lower School Library has been beta-testing a series of literacy and creativity centers with students K through Grade 4. This is in addition to Reader’s Advisory and providing room to grow an appreciation for literature. In the library experience, these serve to support and nurture our students, not replace library programming.
- Magnetic Poetry
- Magnetic Sentence/Story creation
- Magnetic Crossword puzzle creation
- Quiet Reading to a Fuzzy Friend (read to a small stuffed animal)
- Kraft Paper murals featuring a literacy focus
- Interactive Books on the iPad with a partner
- Creating word collages on the iPad
- Puzzles and puzzle-making
- Book Talks created in iMovie or SonicPics or AdobeVoice
Stop by the library to find out more, and check out some of the photographs below!