Note: If you successfully registered for the afterschool program, you have already received this message and there is no need to read further (other than for reinforcement). All others, please read. Thank you!
DOUBLE-CHECK YOUR STUDENT’S REGISTRATION
Log into My Backpack (and select “Program Registration”) to review your child’s schedule of classes. Any classes that say PENDING under STATUS means they have not been submitted to us, and your child has NOTbeen scheduled into that class. If this is so, please click on PAY AND SUBMIT to submit. Once we receive and accept your registration, it will say SCHEDULED under STATUS
SPECIALTY CLASSES STILL OPEN:
Log into My Backpack and select “Program Registration” to enroll.
- Magic Forest (K-2)
- Cool Fit Kids (2-4)
- Capoeira (2-4)
- Double Dutch (3-6)
- Ceramics (2-4)
- Hip Hop (3-6)
- Food Justice (K-1)
- Art Portfolio (5-6)
- Young Voices (3-6)
- Intermediate Fencing (1-4)
9/16- Afterschool Specialty classes start
9/23- Private music lessons start
9/23- Last day to make class changes.
10/15- Afterschool Balance due
PLAYGROUP/STUDY HALL COORDINATION WITH SPECIALS
- LS children enrolled in 3:30pm specials may join their grade-level playgroup prior to the start time of their specials or music lessons at no charge.
- Students enrolled in 4:30pm specials need to register for the first timeblock (3- 4:30pm) of playgroup or a special from 3:30-4:30pm, otherwise you will be charged a $25 per hour drop-in fee.)
- Specials from 4:30 – 5:30pm include the last half hour (5:30-6pm) of Playgroup or Study Hall at no charge.
PLEASE REACH OUT TO THE AFTERSCHOOL OFFICE IF YOU NEED CLARIFICATION, AS EACH CHILD’S SCHEDULE IS UNIQUE.
POLICY FOR CHANGE IN SCHEDULE
The last day to make any changes to your child’s schedule is Monday, September 23. After that date, there will be no refunds or credit given. If you need to make any changes to your schedule or need assistant with My Backpack, please email Rachel Webber at email@example.com.
PROCEDURES FOR PICK-UP / END OF DAY
Room locations are posted daily in the lobby by the front desk and on every floor next to the elevators.If students are not in their assigned classrooms, Afterschool Group Leaders will leave a sign on the door of the classroom indicating where they are and when they will return.
- All students go to Playgroup and Study Hall before and after their Specials. Parents/Caregivers must sign children out from Playgroup or Study Hall, not directly from their Specials. We must ensure that your child is going home with an authorized person.
- If you have a different person picking up your child other than who is on your list on a given day, email firstname.lastname@example.org before 2pm on the day that person will be picking up your child.
Children not registered for Afterschool on a given day may drop-in to Playgroup (PS-4th grades) or Study Hall (5th & 6th grades). In order to use Afterschool on a drop-in basis, you must notify the Afterschool office at email@example.com (for Preschoolers Claudia Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 2pm on the day you need to use drop-in. You must also notify your child’s day school teachers so they can make end-of-day plans accordingly.
The cost of Drop-in is $25 per hour, rounded up to the nearest half hour. Drop-ins will be billed to your My Backpack account on a monthly basis throughout the semester. Balances are due by the end of each monthly billing cycle. Outstanding balances will incur a 15% surcharge.
POLICY FOR LATE PICK-UP
Late pickup at dismissal time: Children not picked up at dismissal time will be brought to Afterschool Playgroup (PS-4th grades) or Study Hall (5th & 6th grades). If children are not picked up by the grace period for each division, they will be charged as a Drop-in at $25 per hour, rounded to the nearest half hour. Drop-ins will be billed to your My Backpack account on a monthly basis throughout the semester. Balances are due by the end of each monthly billing cycle. Outstanding balances will incur a 15% surcharge.
- Preschool pick up grace period: 3:10pm
- Lower School pick up grace period: 3:15
- Middle School pick up grace period: 3:45
Afterschool ends at 6:00pm. Late fees of $2 per minute will be charged for pick-up after 6:05pm