Here are some important things to remember as we enter the opening days of school:
Orientation on Thursday
Preschool families, please join us at Orientation this Thursday, September 7 from 12:30 to 1:30pm on Zoom. The full Preschool colleague team will be on hand to talk about what you can expect as your child embarks on their Preschool adventure! Find Zoom info in The Weekly.
Peek-In on Friday
Preschool families are invited to our Preschool Peek-In this Friday, September 8 from 10am to 1pm. Please sign up for individual, ten minute in-person visits using the form provided by your classroom teachers. These visits will provide a terrific opportunity to meet your teachers and see your classroom! As a reminder, our Preschool Phase-In begins on Monday, September 11.
Family Visit Day on Tuesday
On Tuesday, September 5 from 9 to 11am, the Lower School welcomes all students and families to come to our Pearl Street building to meet and connect before the first day of school. We hope that this time offers a glimpse into school in advance of the first day, as well as an opportunity to connect together as we welcome everyone to the start of another school year.
New Student Welcome on Tuesday
Our new Middle School students should join us on Tuesday, September 5 from 9:30am to 12:00pm. This includes ALL 5th grade students. New Middle School students will be supported in what can otherwise be an overwhelming experience on the following first day of school—finding classrooms, meeting friends, receiving support from our Middle School Ambassadors, and obtaining school supplies. Students will be engaging in games, meeting their advisors and teachers, and having fun! Please note that lunch will not be served on this day.
Family Visit Day on Tuesday
All Middle School families are invited for Family Visit Day on Tuesday, September 5 from 1 to 3pm. Our doors at 375 Pearl Street will be open for an informal chance to come into the building as a family, with or without your student, to meet advisors, teachers, and other colleagues in-person as well as take a self-guided tour. We’d love to have all students and families stop by the day before school just to say hello if that sounds exciting for you!
Family Visit Day on Thursday
Upper School families are invited to visit campus on Thursday, September 7 from 1 to 3pm. We look forward to welcoming families to 116 Lawrence Street for an informal visit to our school building and an opportunity to meet some of our advisors, teachers, and other colleagues in-person as well as take a self-guided tour. While many colleagues will be traveling with our students in Upper grades, this is a wonderful opportunity to come and say hello before classes begin.
Orientation & Retreats This Week
As a reminder, we share that each Upper School grade will kickoff the school year with a retreat and orientation. Student retreats focus on building relationships across peer groups and re-centering our community. Students will have ample time for games, bonding, and relaxation.
- 9th Grade: Student day programming begins the morning of Wednesday, September 6 and continues on Thursday, September 7. (BFS Lawrence Street Building)
- 10th Grade: Students depart early in the morning on Wednesday, September 6. They will return later in the afternoon on Thursday, September 7. (Sandy Hill Camp & Retreat Center, Maryland)
- 11th Grade: Students depart early in the morning on Tuesday, September 5. They will return the afternoon of Thursday, Sept. 7. (Sandy Hill Camp & Retreat Center, Maryland)
- 12th Grade: Students depart early in the morning on Tuesday, September 5. They will return the afternoon of Thursday, September 7. (Sandy Hill Camp & Retreat Center, Maryland)
- ALL Upper School students will have a full day orientation to the school year on Friday, September 8 in Brooklyn.