The Brooklyn Friends School Afterschool Program offers private instrumental music lessons for Kindergarten through Upper School students in
Sept. 23 – Dec 19, 2019
30 minutes: $55 per lesson
45 minutes: $75 per lesson
60 minutes: $80 per lesson
Your total fee will depend on which day of the week your child’s lessons are scheduled and the number of days lessons are in the semester, after accounting for days off due to holidays, conferences, and professional development. Students are expected to attend every scheduled session during the semester.
The following is the amount of lessons per day of the week in the Fall semester:
LOWER SCHOOL: Mondays-11 lessons, Tuesdays-12 lessons, Wednesdays- 11 lessons, Thursdays-11 lessons, Fridays-9 lessons.
MIDDLE SCHOOL & UPPER SCHOOL: Mondays-11 lessons, Tuesdays-12 lessons, Wednesdays- 11 lessons, Thursdays-10 lessons, Fridays-9 lessons.
- Registration opens on July 30 at 6:00pm. The deadline to register is August 16th.
- Lessons are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. Our instructors’ schedules fill quickly, so please register promptly to ensure your child’s place.
- All lessons are subject to instructor and room availability.
- Partial semesters are not available. By registering for lessons and confirming your child’s time with an instructor, it is expected that your child will be present each week for the duration of the semester.
- In the event that the lessons are not working out, refunds will be subject to an agreement between you and your child’s instructor.
- After filling out the online registration form, you will be contacted by one of our instructors the week of August 26th to arrange a weekly day and time for your child’s lessons.
MUSIC LESSONS BALANCE DUE DATE:
Your bill will be added to your My Backpack account after your weekly lesson time is arranged. You may pay with a credit card or e-check through your My Backpack account, or send a check payable to Brooklyn Friends School, attn: Afterschool/Music Lessons. There is a processing fee of 3% for payments made by credit card, which will be automatically added to the bill. Full payment is due by Oct. 15. After Oct. 15, a 15% surcharge will be added to your balance.
Students may attend Playgroup or Study Hall at no additional cost on the day of their lesson.
STUDENT PICK UP & DROP OFF:
Children in grades K-2 may not travel by themselves in the building, therefore instructor must pick up children from their Afterschool Playgroup and bring them back to their Playgroup after the lesson, unless they get picked up by parent or caregiver directly from their lesson. With parent written consent, children in grades 3 and higher may travel between an Afterschool classroom and their lesson classroom on their own. Parents may also request that instructor pick up and/or drop off child from his or her lesson. The Afterschool program does not have individuals available to escort children to and from their lessons.
By registering for lessons and confirming your child’s time with an instructor, it is expected that your child will be present each week for the duration of the semester. In case of unexpected absences, please note the following cancellation policies:
- You may cancel one lesson per semester with the option of scheduling a makeup lesson. Please email your child’s instructor with at least 24 hours notice in order to qualify for a make-up lesson, which will be scheduled for the week of Jan. 6th or on a day agreed upon with your instructor.
- There are no refunds or guaranteed make-ups for cancellations made with less than 24 hours notice.
- Additional make-up lessons will be scheduled only at the discretion of the instructor.
- If your child’s instructor cancels a lesson, your account will be credited for the cost of that lesson, unless you and the instructor agree to a make-up lesson.
- If a student misses a lesson due to a school activity or trip, a makeup lesson will be scheduled. Parents must inform instructor at least 24 hours in advance of school activity or trip.
Registration opens on July 30 at 6:00pm.
Registration deadline is Aug. 16.