The State of our Union: Nurturing Community, Equity, and Justice at BFS Through Diversity and Service Learning
Thanks to all who united for this gathering of the BFS community, including:
- members of the PAT Diversity and Service Learning Committees who planned the day
- BFS special events and communications staff who supported committee efforts
- school leaders who presented history, current programming, and future initiatives
- outside professionals who led workshops
- the great group of parents, students, teachers, and alumni who attended the all-day event last Saturday!
It was a time to reflect about who we are as a community, learn more about the experiences and messages that students are receiving in school, experience diversity work firsthand through a variety of workshops, and come together as a community to discuss the issues we face. A full day indeed!
Annual Day of Service
We would like to thank all the BFS staff, friends, and families that joined the PAT Service Learning Committee on April 11, 2014, for the Annual Day of Service. Friends joined Extreme Kids & Crew and musician Josh Friedman in the lower gym for an afternoon of good music and art making, and to raise awareness around disability. Head of School Larry Weiss created a beautiful artwork that will be auctioned at Spring Bowl to benefit the Brooklyn Friends Fund. The day was a great example of the deep commitment to service learning and community building at Brooklyn Friends.