- Karine Blemur-Chapman – Director of All-School Enrollment
- Steve Burwell – Co-Chair Board of Trustees , BFS parent
- M. Salome Galib – Clerk of Advancement Committee, Trustee, BFS parent
- Audrey Jaynes ‘03 – BFS Alumna, Trustee, member of Montclair Monthly Meeting, BFS parent
- Macon Jessop – Co-Clerk Head of School Search Committee, Trustee, BFS parent
- Kamauru Johnson – Upper School Faculty and Counselor, Trustee, US Principal Search
- Pam Kiernan – Clerk of Finance Committee, Trustee, BFS parent
- Bill Morris – Co-Clerk Head of School Search Committee, Trustee, Retired Head of School Friends Academy on Long Island
- Ed Oliver – Co-Chair Board of Trustees, member of Brooklyn Meeting, BFS parent
- Margaret Trissel – Middle School Faculty, Trustee, BFS parent
- Eisa Ulen-Richardson – Co-President, Parent and Teacher Association, BFS parent
- David Bournas-Ney – LS Faculty member
Head of School Search
In June 2019, Dr. Larry Weiss will retire after 10 years as Head of School. In preparation for his departure, the Board of Trustees has established a search committee and retained a leading education search firm. Clerked by trustees Macon Jessop, parent of Middle and Upper School students, and William Morris, retired head of Friends Academy, the committee will include stakeholders of the BFS community. Jim Wickenden and Laura Hansen of Wickenden Associates will support and guide us in our search for a new Head of School.
This page will be updated regularly.
Update as of June 11, 2018
Based on Jim Wickenden and Laura Hansen’s meetings with members of the BFS community and the 324 candid responses to the online survey – thank you to all who took the time to complete the survey – the Search Committee has finalized the Opportunity Statement for potential candidates and our community. During the summer, Jim and Laura will be actively recruiting candidates and preparing dossiers for review by the Search Committee in early September. The Search Committee will select and interview approximately eight semi-finalists, and then select the three Finalists who will come to the school for two-day visits in early October. During the on-campus visits, you will all have the opportunity to meet each candidate, offer feedback, and represent BFS in an honest and appealing way so that we can attract the best possible Head of School to lead us forward. Macon and Bill will communicate more details as the process unfolds, but we want to underscore how important community involvement is in the search.
Update as of April 30, 2018
Wickenden Associates will be visiting Brooklyn Friends on Monday, May 7 and Tuesday, May 8, 2018 to meet with various community stakeholders. Their visit will help inform the opportunity statement that will serve as the basis for the search. To see the full visit schedule, please click here.
Your opinions about Brooklyn Friends School’s signature strengths, challenges, and leadership needs are important to us as we build a strong pool of candidates for the Head of School position.