PHOTO ID PROCEDURES
Use your BFS Photo ID from the previous school year (students, parents, faculty/staff, and affiliates).
All new parents and returning parents who need a new or replacement photo ID need to fill out a request form
by clicking the appropriate link below:
What is BFS Policy on Parent/Guardian and Affiliate Photo ID cards?
All parents/guardians and all those who regularly come to school (caregivers, grandparents, etc. – for ID purposes known as Affiliates) must have a Brooklyn Friends School photo ID card in order to access the building(s) and pass through our security system. All BFS families and affiliates need to use their Photo IDs upon arriving and leaving the building(s).
ARE YOU A RETURNING PARENT?
Use your current BFS Photo ID in 2017-18.
There is no need to read further unless you have an affiliate associated with your household.(see next paragraph) Should your card be lost or damaged and you need a replacement go to the link at the top of this page and click on Parent/Guardian to request a replacement card, using your household ID number.
Returning affiliates may use their current ID card, but they need parental authorization each academic year for their cards to be re-activated. Go to the link on the top of this page, click on Affiliate and follow the instructions. Completing this form reactivates the Affiliate’s Photo ID.
For returning parents with Affiliates new to BFS, go to the link on the top of this page, click on Affiliate and follow the instructions; please upload a photo of the Affiliate (link comes up when you click that you are ‘requesting a card for a new Affiliate’).
ARE YOU A PARENT NEW TO BFS?
1. Go to the link at the top of this page and click on the “Parent/Guardian Link”
2. Fill in the required fields, including your Household ID number.
- If you don’t remember your Household ID number, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you the number. (Include full first and last name of student in the e-mail)
- When you click on “I am a new parent…”, a link will come up asking you to upload a photo.
3. Upload a photo of yourself to be used for your ID (Selfies are encouraged!). Submitting your photo online will ensure that we can provide you with an ID card in a timely manner. However, you can have the receptionist at Pearl Street take a picture.
4. Click ‘Submit Form’.
You’re done! An ID card will be printed for you by the BFS tech department and will be available for pick-up at the Pearl Street reception desk.
Requests submitted by August 15 will be ready by the start of school.
NEW PARENTS NEED TO REQUEST PHOTO ID CARDS FOR AFFILIATES:
To request a card for an Affiliate associated with your household, follow these steps:
1. Go to the link at the top of this page and click on the Affiliate link.
2. Fill in all the required fields, including your Household ID number. If you don’t remember your Household ID number, send an e-mail to email@example.com and we will send you the number. (Include full first and last name of student in the e-mail)
3. For new Affiliates, upload a picture of the Affiliate (link comes up when you click that you are ‘requesting a card for a new Affiliate’).
4. Click ‘Submit Form’.
ID cards will be printed and ready for you by the first day of school if the forms are submitted before August 15th. Forms submitted after August 29th will be ready by the end of the first week of school. Please do so as soon as possible.